The THE Awards are widely recognised as the Oscars of the higher education sector.
Each year we attract hundreds of entries that exemplify the talent, dedication and innovation of individuals and teams across all aspects of university life, showing us countless reasons why our institutions continue to prosper.
And after our esteemed judging panel has toiled over this treasure trove of excellence, our awards evening – where traditionally well over a thousand people gather for dinner in the Great Room at London's world-renowned Grosvenor House Hotel – gives us the perfect opportunity to celebrate and reflect on the extraordinary breadth and depth of our higher education sector.
As ever, the THE Awards are free to enter, and open to anyone involved in UK higher education.
This year’s categories are as follows:
- THE Outstanding Achievement Award
- Outstanding Estates Strategy
- Outstanding Marketing/Communications Team
- Research Project of the Year: Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Research Project of the Year: STEM
- Outstanding Entrepreneurial University
- Outstanding Technician of the Year
- International Collaboration of the Year
- THE DataPoints Merit Award
- Technological or Digital Innovation of the Year
- Knowledge Exchange/Transfer Initiative of the Year
- Business School of the Year
- Widening Participation or Outreach Initiative of the Year
- Outstanding Research Supervisor of the Year
- Outstanding Support for Students
- Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community
- Outstanding Library Team
- Most Innovative Teacher of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- University of the Year
Please click here to see the full criteria.
The winners will be revealed during a virtual ceremony on 26 November 2020.